Search This Blog

LEESE-FITCH CABERNET SAUVIGNON CALIFORNIA

It is difficult to find an inexpensive California Cabernet Sauvignon that satisfies one's expectations of a Cabernet. Although I enjoy all good wines: red, while, and Rose' - I hear that someone has produced a BLUE wine, no kidding - I'm partial to Cabernet Sauvignon, and not exclusively to those from California. A Don Melchior from Chile, a gift to me, might be among the top five wines that I have ever enjoyed. That is now my standard to judge other Cabernet Sauvignons. So, I am very discriminating when it comes to Cabernets. When one has crossed a threshold of taste, as I did with the Don Melchior, is it still possible to be satisfied with anything else?

So, when I tasted this Leese-Fitch Cabernet I was delightfully surprised. It is a very tasty, inexpensive, everyday California Cabernet. (In the same category, I also recommend the following California Cabernets: Carnivor, Woodwork, and Bogle - which is consistently good vintage after vintage, whatever the varietal.) What the Leese-Fitch lacks in weight-body, it makes up for in flavor. It exhibits aromas and flavors of blackberry, dark cherry, black currant, mocha, and caramel; and, the tannins are soft and well-integrated..

Taste and see!