Search This Blog

FRANCISCAN ESTATE CABERNET SAUVIGNON NAPA VALLEY, CALIFORNIA


Years ago, a customer asked me to recommend a Cabernet Sauvignon. Her usual wine of choice was Merlot, and she wanted to try a different red varietal. Within an hour she telephoned: that was the worst-tasting wine I ever tasted, she said, obviously annoyed at me for recommending such a terrible wine. What did it taste like? I asked. She answered: I could taste licorice, black pepper, tobacco, and leather, among other things. Lady, you have a very sensitive wine palate; not many people I know would be able to detect as many flavors as you did. What I sold you was a very fine Cabernet Sauvignon. I think I'll go back to my Merlot, she said and hung up.

This Franciscan Cabernet Sauvignon is 83% Cabernet, 10 Merlot, 3 Malbec, 3 Petit Verdot, and 1% Syrah. It is medium- to full-bodied, deep in color and intensity, with aromas and flavors of plum, blackberry, licorice, leather, black pepper, mocha, spice, and vanilla.

Taste and see how many flavors you can detect.